Heat pumps are used to heat and cool your home or business comfortably year-round. A heat pump transfers heat instead of generating it, which saves energy. This cost-effective way of heating a building is offered by Anchor Mechanical, a company that offers HVAC services to homes and businesses in Central Maryland including Baltimore, Cecile and Harford Counties.
Is Your Heat Pump Freezing?
Heat pumps are designed to pull cold air from a home. A heat pump must go into defrost mode to switch the heat pump into air conditioning mode so it does not freeze.
Ice can build up on the heat pump for various reasons:
- Clogged filters
- Blockage by snow, leaves, or grass
- Blocked ducts
- Low or leaking refridgerant levels
If your heat pump is covered in ice, do not use any sharp objects to try and pick at the ice. Call our Anchor Mechanical technicians and we will help repair the heat pump.
Maintaining Heat Pumps
Because they run nearly constantly year-round to heat and cool homes and businesses, heat pumps require maintenance to ensure that they are running properly. We will visit your home on a regular basis to inspect, clean, and repair every component of your heat pump, and perform other tasks to make sure the system works well. Services our technicians may provide can include:
- Replacing required parts
- Reviewing the refrigerant charge and operating pressures
- Inspecting and cleaning the condenser coil
- Checking and cleaning the condensate drain system
- Inspecting the thermostat
- Checking electrical connections
- Reviewing safety controls
- Checking the fan blade and blower wheels
- Lubricating motors where required
- Changing the filter (as supplied by the homeowner)
- Checking the complete operation of the system
Regular maintenance, as with other systems we offer to clients, is preferable to broken or malfunctioning heat pumps. Maintaining your heat pump today can prevent future expenses.
Call Anchor Mechanical Today
Call our Forest Hill, Maryland HVAC company at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our technicians will be in contact with you to help you install or maintain your heat pump. At Anchor Mechanical, our clients matter. We want your home or business to be a comfortable environment to live and work in.